Like the growing Maker Movement, a career in manufacturing often requires creativity, technical skills and a desire to see a task completed to the best of your ability.
Making Your Future was developed by the Greater Pittsburgh Metals Manufacturing Community (a partnership of government, university, industry, workforce and economic development organizations). This initiative seeks to boost metals manufacturing businesses and jobs in a way that will strengthen the local economy and continue to make so many of the great products that are needed by people across the world.
people working in one of 2,829 manufacturing companies
the average salary of employees making products delivered around the world
new manufacturing workers needed to fill current and new vacancies
- Trump Wants European Autos BMW, Mercedes to Be Made in America
- MillerCoors Takes Beer Battle with Anheuser-Busch to Court
- Supplier Roulette
- BMW Warns of Profit Slump, Sets $14 Billion Savings Plan
- Are Your Manufacturing Operations Getting by on Pure Luck?
- Training Future Workers at Summer Manufacturing Camps